Wednesday, November 16, 2011

current event #2

Erika Alban

11/12/11



Current Events Journal # 2

Title: A legacy of service: Three generations of Pines family have served in military

Author: Perry Stein

Source: The Miami Herald

The topic of the article is military service

The main idea of the article is three generations of Pines family have served in military

The author’s purpose for writing this article is to inform use about people who prtect and still protect our nation

The author’s perspective in this article is objective because he says facts not opinions

The pattern of organization of the article is flashback

The reason the author chose this pattern for the article is to tell the reader about the past

The text features included in the article are:

Photographs (know how the Pines family look like), captions (tells you a little bit about Bolivar Perez-Rois, Bolivar E. Perez, and Bolivar L. Perez) and title (said the main idea)

This article is about three generations that served America

The significance of this article is we need to show people that serve our nation that we appreciate them

What I learned from this article is to appreciate the people that fight for us

 What I liked about this article is that it tells people to appreciate things

What I did not like about it is that Bolivar Perez-Rois almost bombed both of his hands

I think people that don’t appreciate things should read this article

This article reminds me of my friend’s brother

This article reminds me of not really anything because I never read things with soldiers

 This article reminds me of the people that serve the army

New vocabulary I learned

Word Context Clues Meaning

1.    Shrapnel

2.    Imbued

3.    Isthmus

Meaning Resource: Dictionary.com


No comments:

Post a Comment